SALT SCRUB FAQ'S
What are salt scrubs and why do people use them? Salt scrubs are a magical yet properly balanced combination of natural ingredients including salt, essential oils and skin moisturizers. Salt scrubs are used primarily to revitalize the skin by cleansing bacteria and clogged pores, exfoliating dead, dry skin from the surface of the skin, and regenerating the skin with a firmer and younger-looking appearance so that your skin can produce a healthy, radiant, glowing complexion. Our salt scrubs work great for dry skin, callouses, psoriasis, and eczema (does not cure but helps) and they leave your skin silky smooth and smelling great!
What are the benefits of using salt scrubs?
- Invigorating…the abrasive action associated with salt scrubs invigorates the skin and helps improve circulation. Improved circulation gives skin a natural glow.
- Cleansing…Scrubbing with salt helps to remove bacteria from the skin and unclog pores. Salt contains magnesium which helps to reduce inflammation and flush away toxins. Salt also has antiseptic qualities, and when applied to the skin, it may help kill bacteria and reduce inflammation along with any itching and pain associated with bacterial-related skin disease.
- Exfoliating…using salt scrubs help exfoliate dead/dry skin cells from the skin’s surface so new fresh skin cells can regenerate leaving your skin to look and feel fresh and new!
- Regenerating…exfoliating with salt scrubs encourages healthy regeneration of skin skills. This regeneration tightens the skin, giving it a firmer and younger-looking appearance. Skin regeneration also reduces skin discoloration, evening out skin tone and improving texture.
- Skin Glow…the single biggest benefit to using salt scrubs is the beautiful, radiant glow of your new skin. This is the result of the cleansing, exfoliating, and regenerating that salt scrubs bring to the health of the body.
- Improve Cellulite & Aging…there are some claims that using salt scrubs can actually improve the look of aging and dimpled skin from cellulite.
- Relaxing…using salt scrubs with essential oils can create a very relaxing feeling for you as you apply it and then later feel and see the fresh renewal of your skin and enjoy the wonderful aroma of the scent.
- Removes grease paint, tar, and other nasty things…for those of you who find yourself working with grease paint or tar and many other hard to remove substances, our salt scrubs will remove those nasty things and leave your hands/body soft and smelling good.
Are the aromas natural? We use all-natural ingredients for our salt scrubs. The aromas are derived from a blend of organic essential oils. Making salt scrubs takes the right balance of ingredients and essential oils to create the perfect texture that smells great and performs well on your skin.
Are your salt scrubs abrasive? Our salt scrubs are gentle but slightly abrasive because they are designed to help exfoliate the skin to give your skin a beautiful, radiant glow. While salt scrubs are wonderful to use on tough skin areas like your hands and arms, feet and legs and elbows and ankles daily, you may want to use them on more sensitive areas slightly less often.
How do you use salt scrubs for best results? Be sure to stir the salt scrubs before use to refresh the blend of all the salt scrub ingredients together. Then, after preparing the skins with a warm water rinse, gently massage the salt scrub in a circular fashion to exfoliate the dead skin, rinse and then dry with a towel. In cases of sensitive skin or allergies, we suggest you initially apply a small amount to sensitive areas to see how your skin reacts over a 24-hour period.
Should I use salt scrubs on my face? Everyone’s skin is different…some have resilient skin and other sensitive skin. To best answer this question, apply a small amount of our salt scrub to a small area of your face by preparing the skin with a warm water rinse, and then gently massage the salt scrub in a circular fashion to remove dead/dry skin. When finished, rinse the area thoroughly and then dry with a towel. Monitor the area over a 24-hour period and base future treatments on your findings.
Do I need a loofah or gloves to apply salt scrubs? No, not at all! Save the added expense and just use your bare hands…you’ll enjoy it so much more! You’ll get to feel the exfoliators lift away dead and dry skin and you’ll begin to feel the moisturizing of the blend all at the same time. In just a short time, your body will feel freshly rejuvenated!!!
Should I use salt scrubs on wet or dry skin? For best results, we recommend you always rinse your skin first with warm water. This will open the pores and prepare the skin for exfoliation. Once you have done that, then gently massage the salt scrub in a circular fashion into the wet skin…you will feel the exfoliator remove the dead/dry skin. Then, rinse the area thoroughly and dry with a towel.
Should I use salt scrubs after shaving my face or legs? Your skin will be very sensitive after you shave it. We generally recommend you wait 12-24 hours after shaving to apply salt scrubs to the area. This will allow your skin to heal from the shaving before you apply our exfoliating salt scrubs that can easily sting and burn if you have any small cuts from shaving. For that very same reason, if you have any open cuts or wounds (even bruises), you may want to wait until they are healed before applying our salt scrubs.
Can I use salt scrubs with my children? The simple answer is yes. BUT, remember that children’s skin can be more sensitive so testing a small area to see how their skin reacts is advisable. Just take a very small amount (a teaspoon or so) and apply it to a small area of skin and wait 24 hours to see if there are any adverse reactions.
What size glass jars do you use for your salt scrubs? We use three sizes of glass jars to preserve the quality of our salt scrubs and provide you with the quantity you want: Large (16 oz), Medium (12 oz), and Small (8 oz).
Can salt scrubs clog my drain? No, not usually. By the time you have applied them to your skin and rinsed it off, it has been watered down sufficiently to easily move through your drain. We would caution you not to simply empty salt scrubs directly into the drain without watering them down first as this could pose a problem.
Can salt scrubs leave a slippery surface? Since we use essential oils, this can create a slippery surface on the countertop, sink areas, and/or even in the showers. However, if used correctly (applied and rinsed away with water), most of any extra oils and exfoliators are rinsed out and washed right down the drain leaving you with only a wonderful aroma on your skin and in the area you applied it.
How long will a jar of salt scrubs last? How often can I use salt scrubs? How much of the salt scrub should I use per use? How long a jar of salt scrubs last depends on your frequency and use quantities. We recommend you apply salt scrubs as often as you’d like. The more you use them, the more your skin will feel and look amazing. We generally recommend you use a teaspoon or so on each hand per handwashing and more for larger swaths of skin care.
Do salt scrubs have an expiration date? Usually, our salt scrubs will easily last for about a year after opening as long as you close the jar lid tightly after each use and avoid allowing water to get into the mixture. The essential oils we use have anti-bacterial properties that help to preserve the salt scrub mixture. For most of our customers, we find they love the salt scrubs so much they easily use it up within just a few months!
I have allergies, can I purchase an unscented version of your salt scrubs? Yes, of course! We have several customers who love our balance of oils, exfoliators and other ingredients but have to be careful about aromas inflaming an allergic condition so we can provide you with an unscented version. Please just select the NO SCENT option under “SCENT” and complete your order; we’ll get it right out to you.
I want different scents than you offer, can I purchase and use an unscented version to make my own scrubs? Of course! We have lots of customers who love our balance of oils, exfoliators and other ingredients but want to add their own essential oils. Please just select the NO SCENT option under “SCENT” and complete your order; we’ll get it right out to you.